We offer Chin augmentation dermal filler treatment to treat the chin by elongating and lengthening the chin area, adding definition to the face and adding more volume to create a more balanced facial profile.
Dermal fillers are generally considered safe to use, with a relatively low risk of side effects and adverse events. Side effects, when they do occur, are usually mild and only last for a few days post treatment.
Minor bruising, swelling, bleeding and redness are normal after you’ve received treatment. These side effects are more likely to occur if you take blood thinners or have a bleeding disorder.
Less common side effects:
- Developing a sensitivity reaction post procedure (sometimes long after it’s over)
- Infections, which good skin hygiene may prevent
- Allergic reactions to lidocaine or dermal fillers; allergy testing before treatment can help you avoid this
- Nerve damage as a result of incorrect placement of the injection, which may cause numbness or pain
- Damage to the skin as a result of poor injection technique; incorrect filler placement can cause tissue death (necrosis) and other skin damage