Hyaluronic acid fillers can improve the appearance of your lips by adding:
The effects typically last around six months. After that more injections are needed to keep the volume of your lips.
There are several hyaluronic acid fillers on the market. We use Revolax as standard but also stock Juvederm, Restylane, Teosyal.
All of these products are injected the same way and give you similar results. And some contain lidocaine, a local anaesthetic.
Side effects of hyaluronic acid fillers are temporary and should only last a few days. They may include:
- Bleeding from the injection sites
- Swelling and bruising
- Redness and tenderness at the site of the injection
- Reactivation of cold sores or fever blisters (herpes simplex) of the lips or area surrounding the lips
More serious side effects or risks may include:
- Severe and prolonged swelling or bruising lasting on
week to 10 days
- Lip asymmetry (parts of lips are different sizes)
- Lumps and irregularities in the lips
- Injection into a blood vessel, causing tissue loss
- Ulceration, scarring, or stiffening of the lip
- Allergic reaction causing redness, swelling, or itching around the lips